Monday, October 1, 2007

Six Days To Go!

So the marathon is now less than a week away, and I have been very very nervous. But I had a great 8-mile run today after work, and I'm pretty sure I'm ready for this puppy. The main thing I'm worried about now is the weather. I know it's still a ways away (is that even a real phrase?), but the forecast shows a high of 50 degrees and 40% chance of showers. Cold and wet. I guess it could be worse, right?
Now as I look back on my blog, I see that it was worse - when I did the Reindeer Run in December, it was 10 degrees with 15mph winds. So I definitely can't complain now.
I guess that's it for now. Happy Monday, everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cold and rainy won't be nearly as bad as hot and sunny. The spectators will be miserable, but you'll be just fine!!!
Mamacita

Amy said...

Jean....I want to wish you good luck...in fact, In honor of Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat...I've decided we can sing...."go, go, go Jean, you'll finish Sunday, though cold and rainy you'll finish anyway...." See we Ryan's can make a song out of anything!!!! Good Luck! We're so very proud of you!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey, did you ever get your bike fixed?

Cold and rainy is MUCH better than hot and windy. Hot and windy trumps ALL!

McGuff said...

I know that you will do great on Saturday! You have trained long and hard for this so enjoy it. Make sure you get lots of pictures taken. Good Luck, we'll be thinking of you all day!

Unknown said...

Go Jean! We will be thinking of you and cheering from IL! (We'll be really loud!)

It is supposed to be hot and sunny for the marathon here so maybe it won't be quite as cold for you (or too hot). Good Luck!!!