Friday, October 5, 2007

Last Run

I just got back from my last run before the marathon. Hopefully in exactly 2 days, I will be about halfway through. There were thunderstorms early this morning, so I waited until they subsided to run. It was still raining pretty hard, but it was 68 degrees, so I definitely wasn't cold.

I feel like I have trained in just about all the weather: below freezing temps, 100-degree heat, wind, rain, high humidity, cloudy, sunny, foggy, sticky, and many other weather-related adjectives ending in y. It's a good thing too, because the forecast for Sunday changes almost hourly. The latest seems to be a high of 74 with scattered thunderstorms. No info on how windy it'll be.

I received my first pre-marathon gift from Meg the other night. It's a Marathon Mix CD with over 20 run-related songs on it. It has everything from "Runaround Sue" by Dion and Johnny Preston's "Running Bear" to Bon Jovi's "Runaway" and "The Runaround" by Taylor Hicks. Thanks also to Ellen, Donna, Dad, and anyone else who contributed songs/ideas. I love it!

I plan on going to the St. Paul RiverCentre this afternoon to pick up my race packet and check out the health and fitness expo. I'm thinking the reality of this whole thing will hit me when I actually have my race number in my hand. EEK!

Thanks to everyone who called, texted, wrote or emailed to wish me luck on Sunday. It's great to have so much support. Now all I have to do is run 26.2 miles, then we can party at Meg & Joel's! Let me know if you need directions.

7 comments:

Katers said...

Super excited for you Jean. Like all the other "Ryans," we'll be cheering for you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow!!!!

Unknown said...

Go Jean!

Rebecca said...

Good luck tomorrow! We'll be cheering for you and we'll definitely see you at the Gronau residence afterwards ('cuz you'll probably run by us so fast we'll miss ya!).

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Mamacita. I'm here at your house and you've just left for the big race. You looked so cute and I know you'll have a great race. We're looking forward to seeing you at the finish line!

Rebecca said...

Jean,

We are amazed, awed, inspired and just plain "wow-ed" at your dedication and determination! You are an incredible, strong woman! Cheers to you for finishing the TC Marathon! What an accomplishment!

CarolSue said...

I hope you don't think that this is the end of the blogging for you now that marathon is finished... :)

You wouldn't want to disappoint all of your fans, would you?