Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Boo!

Happy Halloween!
I woke up early this morning because 2 guys were coming over to check out my furnace and dryer vent and water heater. It was only mildly embarrassing. I didn't know I was supposed to be washing the filter screens every 2-3 months. I've never done it in the 4 years I've been here. Whoops. Anyway, I have never been more excited to do a load of laundry. It only took one cycle in the dryer, and my clothes were completely dry! It was taking me up to 3 cycles before.
I have more people coming over this afternoon to look at the wallpaper in my kitchen and bedroom to see if they will be able to remove it. I'm not too optimistic about it.
I just got back from a nice run around West St Paul. It's a little breezier than I would have liked, but it's sunny and mid 50's. No rain on Halloween? Astounding!

2 comments:

McGuff said...

The fact that you can get your clothes done in one cycle will save on your energy bills too. If I lived alone I would be the same way. Thank God for Phil who does all of that. Why do you think they won't be able to take the wall paper off? Was it put up on the drywall?

Jean said...

The wallpaper is a total nightmare. The guy today said he didn't have much hope for me. :(
Apparently there was no prep on the walls - they just glued it right to the drywall and it comes off in little tiny pieces. He's going to give it a shot, though. Worst case scenario is that he'll cover over the wallpaper with some oil-based substance that I can paint over. I can't wait.