Sunday, October 21, 2007

Post-Marathon Bliss

I was on a high the entire week following the marathon. It was so fun talking about my experience! I worked that whole week, and my feet were pretty sore. As of this posting (exactly 2 weeks later), I have lost a total of 3 toenails with one more on it's way out.
I am planning on going on a 3 mile run today. It will be my first run since the 26.2-er, and I'm a little nervous. I'm ready, though. I've been itchin' to get out there again!

Throughout the course of last week, I applied and interviewed for, got offered and have accepted a position in the Emergency Department at my hospital. I have been working on a medicine unit for 6 years, and although I really like what I'm doing now, I just want to see what else is out there. My leader can keep me for up to 3 months, but I could transfer as soon as next month. I just have to wait and see. Either way, I'm really excited to try something different!

Last night, Meg and I saw "Urinetown the Musical" at Bloomington Civic Theatre. It was a good production, and I just love live theater.

That's all I've got for now. I hope everyone is having a nice long, relaxing weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck in your new position, I'm sure you'll do great!

Rhi said...

Congrats on the new position Jean!! Can't wait to hear stories about your new experiences!!

Unknown said...

And thanks for keeping the blog!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH, Jean Machine's blog is back up and running, great news! :) There you go "redeeming" yourself again.

Amy said...

Jean, Congrats and good luck in the ER! You'll be great! I think you'll really enjoy it. I know I love it!!!