Monday, October 8, 2007

Pictures!

We took mom and dad to "A Prairie Home Companion" Saturday night for their birthdays. Mom and Meg each wrote a "greeting" to wish me luck on my marathon, and Garrison Keillor read BOTH of them on the air! The first one from my parents was to "Beansie" and referenced their butts hurting after riding next to me on the 21-mile training run. Meg's greeting was "Good luck to Jean Ryan running her first marathon here in the cities tomorrow. She's up there in the second balcony." Garrison added, "She's the lean woman who's eating the spaghetti." It got a smattering of applause and laughter.

Jamie Gronau, Dad, Jean, Meg, & Joel carbo-loading.












Marathon morning







Mile 8.5





Steps away from the finish line!









Chelsie, Dad, Meg, Jean








The original Ryans plus Eric.
I did it!

2 comments:

McGuff said...

Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how good you look in these pictures. Didn't you run a marathon????