Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"Baseball begins in the spring, the season of new life. Football begins in the fall, when everything's dying." -George Carlin

A taco for you
and a taco for me.
A taco for a stolen base
by Jacoby Ellsbury!

Because there was a stolen base in the World Series (actually there were 3, but it only took 1), all of America gets a free taco from Taco Bell today! I almost forgot to pick mine up, but Meg called me at work to remind me. It was delicious! But now I am sad because baseball season is over. Only 122 days until Spring Training 2008!

I had a fantastic weekend in Chi-town! I drove in with Meg, Joel and the kids Thursday night. Meg and I went for a jog on Friday, and then she and mom and I went shopping. I got some new scrubs and a persimmon. I was able to see my friends Jen and Mark that evening, then Saturday morning I took the train downtown to have breakfast with my friend Caryn in Greektown. After that I made my way back up to Ellen's part of town. She and the Blaze met me on their bikes. We hung out for a bit, then drove to the 'burbs for a sleepover at my parent's house. Fun fun.
Sunday morning we all went over to RMHS for the annual Shannon McNamara run/walk, then Meg, Joel, the kids and I packed up and headed up to Milwaukee. My friend Carolyn's baby was baptized, and we made it in time for the party afterwards. It was great to see everyone up there. So many little people!

No comments: