Thursday, September 27, 2007

Magic Number = 10

Meg came along for my 12-miler last night. We left her house just after Joel got home from work and headed to Lake Phalen and the Gateway Trail. We noticed some dark clouds to the west, but Fox 9's Keith Marler said only 30% chance of rain, which meant to me that it probably wouldn't rain. But about 9 miles in, that 30% turned into 100%. And then came some spectacular lightning and thunder. Which, I guess, wouldn't have been terribly frightening, except we were on this path in the middle of the woods with no place to hide. We went another 2 miles (which I'm pretty sure I sprinted), and found shelter under an overpass. We called Joel, who packed up the 2 munchkins in their feety pajamas, and drove over to Lake Phalen to save us. We were both very wet and very cold.
So I never actually made 12 miles, but I didn't get hit by lightning either.
When I got back to my house, I found I had stepped in poop, my bike was broken, and my garage door wouldn't close. *sigh*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a bummer, but hey kudos to you for all the running you did get in before all the rain.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Bridget. See you at the wedding!