Thursday, September 20, 2007

Shiver me timbers!

Yesterday was one of my favorite holidays: International Talk Like a Pirate Day!
My co-workers think I'm insane for even knowing this holiday exists, let alone actually using pirate jargon all day. I say, it's their loss. Savvy?
Today was my first run since the 21-miler Saturday. After that long run, my joints were pretty achy. No new blisters, though, and no additional missing toenails. I went 5 miles this morning. It was cloudy, breezy, and kind of cool. I've been adding some sprints to these shorter runs, which makes me extra tired, but I finish faster!
Meg and I went to the Twins game last night with Chelsie (a girl we play softball with), and some of her friends. The Twins won, which was nice. I think they've lost the last 3 or 4 games I've attended.
I've been in a bit of a funk the last few days. I'm hoping my day off today will help me break out of it. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have been at work to hear you talk pirate talk :) 1 week to go to the big race!!! I'm so excited for you. I'll be thinking of you next weekend.
Crystal