Saturday, March 10, 2007

Back in the saddle again!

I am hereby out of hibernation! It's been so long, and it's good to be back. I've been in a funk for about 2 months, which I blame it on the nasty weather. Today, however, is gorgeous!
I think it got to 48 degrees. Sven Sundgaard (KARE 11 weekend weatherman) just said today it is the warmest day since Dec. 14, 2006 (my birthday).

I applied to run a half marathon in Duluth, MN on June 16th. They have a crazy lottery system, and only take 4500 runners. I never thought I would get accepted, but I found out today that my check was cashed, meaning I am IN!!! A girl I play volleyball with was chosen as well. So now we have to worry about that 14-minute per mile pace. What have we gotten ourselves into?

My run today felt good. Nothing hurt, at least. I'm getting serious about these runs now that I have a goal. Here's proof: today, I wore a watch.

No comments: