Sunday, March 11, 2007

March Madness

That will describe my life starting tomorrow when softball season kicks off. I will have to plan out when I'm going to find time to run. My only options seem to be before work in the morning, or after practice in the evening. I don't really like the sound of either one.
Today I ran for 35 minutes, and walked for 15. I just wanted to stay outside. I think it may have hit 50 degrees out there! The highlight was seeing a huge hawk. It was sitting on top of an electrical pole, and as I got close, it flew away. The wingspan was enormous! So cool. I love seeing wildlife.
There are still lots of puddles to avoid on my route. On a path behind the high school, there are tons of huge ones. Yesterday I got soaked. But today, I tiptoed my way through with speed and agility, and hardly got wet at all! I felt like Richard Gere in First Night making his way through the gauntlet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should try running in full knight armor, too. With your Richard Gere mullet flowing in the breeze...
Half that caramel corn really WAS burnt too, blast it all.