Monday, March 12, 2007

SOFTBALL!!!!!!!!!!

Boy, oh boy! Softball is here and I'm so happy! It's so hard to define/describe the smell of my glove and the feeling of playing catch. It's just awesome. We only have the pitchers and catchers today and tomorrow, but from then on everybody's in.
Because I no longer work nights at the hospital, I am more of a floater coach this season. It looks like I will be mostly helping out the B-Squad (sophomore) team, much to the chagrin of the head B-Squad coach, Jerry Ball, who was my assistant coach last year. He insists I am still the head B-Squad coach, but he is wrong. I'm pretty sure he just doesn't want to deal with the parents.
I have found that the only time I can run is after practice. It's too dark at 5am, but it's still light out at 7pm! I ran around the high school twice. I'm doing about 15-minute miles, but I can only run about 2-3 miles.
My big problem now is.... when do I shower? I want to shower after my run at night because I hate to go to bed dirty. But wet hair at night means a really bad hair day in the morning. Plus, I like to shower in the morning to wake me up before work. So then do I shower twice? Woe is me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to bed dirty. You'll get used to it. Trust me.

Unknown said...

I was actually going to advocate for the body-wash in the evening and a simple shampoo in the morning.

Oh, wait, I guess I just did.

Amy said...

I agree with Meg! Personally, I go to the gym, shower there, head home crawl in bed. Wake up with just enough time to take that quickie shower to wake me up and fix the horrible bed head I have earned by sleeping with wet hair. Then I head off to work.