Friday, January 26, 2007

Peru's Second (and only slightly less well-known) National Anthem

I forgot! When Ellen and I returned from our trip, Meg and Joel sang us their version of the Peru National Anthem. Interestingly enough, it's to the tune of "The Star-Spangled Banner"....

Oh Peru is the grea-
test country in the world.
All the other countries
are run by little girls.

Oh Peru's the best place
to do every extreme sport.
And it's allll-so not bad
if you're missing your passport.

Oh Peru we love you
and your Machu Picchu!
To your flag we'll be true
Peru! Peru! Peru!

Oh say does Peru count
as a third world country (or more like a second?)
And is it really summer there?
'Cause it's sort of hard to picture.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, man! I didn't think I was going to have to 'fess up, since I didn't know I was going to be published!!
The idea was, obviously (to those who have seen the movie) stolen from Borat. There, I've credited it. Don't sue me.

PS It's much funnier live.