Wednesday, January 24, 2007

On The Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

I woke up to Green Day this morning, and they carried me through work and the run after.
I ran about 30 minutes (yes, I realize eventually I'm going to have to multiply that by about 10).
And here's why it was a good run:
1. I was dressed appropriately for the weather, and I wasn't too cold.
2. The winds seemed to be coming from the west, so I tried not to go that way. (Not as easy as it sounds!)
3. The roads were more cleared off than yesterday - think it the sun was out for most of today.
4. The sun is setting a little later, so I could relax a bit after work before heading out.
5. I passed a couple of walkers along the way, and the guy yelled out "You're inspiring!" I thought that was so nice.

2 comments:

CarolSue said...

What if he actually yelled, "You're perspiring!!" :) Just kidding - I'm sure it was "inspiring." And you are, by the way. Inspiring, not perspiring. Well - I guess I don't know, maybe you are... ANYWAY. I'm going to go now.

Thanks for starting this blog! It's going to be fun to go watch you in the marathon later this year :)

Jean said...

Dang! You're right. I had a hat pulled over my ears, so maybe he did yell out that I was perspiring! I wonder if he insults everyone that runs by. I should work on some comebacks just in case we cross paths again.