Monday, April 7, 2008

Oh, how we made such sweet sweet sandwiches!

It was a delightful 3-day weekend for me! Ran about 4 miles Friday morning. Later that night, went to a friend's house for fruity drinks and games (Rock Band and Balderdash). Not quite sure I understand all the hype around Rock Band and Guitar Hero. I mean, I guess it was pretty fun, but I would really rather be doing anything else. Like, why don't these people learn to play real instruments and get together to make real music? Now that would be fun.

Saturday afternoon Meg and I headed over to Minneapolis for one of my long runs. It was supposed to be a 14 miler, but we ended up going just under 16. Meg was on rollerblades, and we weren't sure which direction to run. Went around Calhoun and Harriet and along Minnehaha Parkway, and there are signs for peds and bikers, but not for rollerbladers. Ended up going with the bikers which was a path much less congested and a little wider. It was a beautiful day - almost 60 degrees, I think. The lakes were still frozen over and there was a lovely chilly breeze coming off it. I enjoyed the coolness, but Meg had dead-man hands afterwards (swollen, cold, and clammy). Afterwards we congratulated ourselves with Potbelly sammies and malts.

It rained all day Sunday which was fine by me. Spent most of the day with the Gronaus. Iced my sore right calf while watching the Twins, then ate enchiladas and kept an eye on Lu and Ed while Meg and Joel went to Meg's dance class.

Our softball game was cancelled yesterday- surprise, surprise! What could be worse then almost 5 weeks of indoor practices, I ask you?!? Everyone's getting a little squirrly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I'll tell you what's worse than 5 weeks of indoor practices: NO SOFTBALL AT ALL. The offseason sucks and I am anxiously anticipating our Thursday night rendezvous...es!