Monday, April 28, 2008

No training, kinda injured, it's snowing, let's run a 10K!

Meg and Donna and I ran the Get-in-Gear 10K in Minneapolis on Saturday morning. We lost Donna before it even started, but Meg and I ran together all 6.2 miles. It was really cold waiting for the start, and the horizontal hail was a little crazy, but once we got going it wasn't too terrible. My foot was sore but not unbearable, and it didn't hurt at work all weekend. My new thinking is that I wasn't running enough and it was starting to atrophy. (Maybe?) Donna finished in 1hr 2minutes and Meg and I finished in 1hr 4minutes, although our chip times were a little better than that.
My favorite part of doing these runs is getting the t-shirt and eating the snacks afterwards. This time we got bananas, yogurt, salted nut rolls, juice, milk, ice cream. Mmm.

Happy birthday to Nana, 92 years young today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you eat your banana? I had half of it in my cereal Sunday AM and it was fine... then this morning I had the other half and I KID YOU NOT it was the most delicious half-banana I have ever tasted. So bizarre.

Mmmm that ice cream sure was good.