Wednesday, April 15, 2009

American Idol: Top 7

I went over to Cameron's place last night to watch a little AI. We went to this Mexican restaurant 2 blocks away for dinner first. We've eaten there before, but the experience was not good this time. The meat was bland, unseasoned. My margarita tasted like water. They forgot to bring out one of my tacos. My beans tasted funny. I just wanted to get out of there! We zoomed back to watch the show, my tummy feeling very icky.
So tonight we've got: Songs for the Silver Screen. Top 7.

Allison: "I don't want to miss a thing"
Well I missed a thing: THIS SONG. Because I was trying to get Jesus to bring me la quenta. I'm guessing she sounded great, looked the same.

Anoop: "Everything I do, I do it for you"
I tried Rhi's suggestion of watching him with my eyes closed. It actually helped! But at some point I peeked and caught a glimpse of his sport coat/jacket/vest. What is that? I think his voice sounded pretty good this week. Cameron: "I was hoping he would sing about his prerogative again."

Adam: "Born to be wild"
Oh man, he is SO GOOD! Those notes! My God! Cameron: "I'm trying to think of what music he would sing on his own?"

Matt: "Tell me have you ever really, really really ever loved a woman? (Is this really really really the title?)
I think he was really pitchy/off key. But I love a guy at a piano. Cameron: Thumbs down, "phtt".

Danny: "Endless love"
No glasses tonight, huh? I don't like how he says "Jour every breath that I take. Jour every step I make." I was bored. Cam: "It was good."

Kris: "Falling Slowly" !!!!!
I gasp in delight when I hear he's going to sing this. But WHY NO GUITAR??? Is he INSANE? Bad choice. And his voice just doesn't have the grit and emotion I want out of it. Cameron is unable to comment here as I gush about the movie ONCE until it's time for...

Lil: "The Rose"
...and my gushing turns into a long groan. Seriously? The Rose? She is way off key, and it stinks. Oh wait, that could be Cam's dog Pepper, who just tooted on me. Everything stinks!! Cameron: "All that's going through my head is Napoleon Dynamite."

Cameron's bottom 2: Matt, Lil

Jean's from top down:
ADAM!!
Anoop
Danny
Allison (I'm guessing here)
Kris
Matt
Lil

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy moses we are the SAME PERSON.
It's 70 degrees out!! Wahoo!!

Unknown said...

Sorry, Im back. I also need to point out that our rankings are IDENTICAL, and you didn't even see Allison.

Rhi said...

Loved the review! Cameron's comment about Anoop cracked me up!! I just don't understand who keeps voting for Lil?? Though, I will be surprised if she is still around after next week!!

Heather said...

LOL about "jour"! While he sang my mom said in all seriousness, "Is he singing about someone named Jo?"