Tuesday, April 28, 2009

AI: 4/28/09 Top 5

So this week we've got standards from the Rat Pack era, mentoring by Jamie Foxx. I will apologize ahead of time for the quick summary, but it's late and I'm tired, and I just wasn't getting into the Idol tonight. I did see a preview for So You Think You Can Dance, which perked me up a bit.

Kris: The Way You Look Tonight
This is a lovely song, and Kris is cute with his shadow mustache. I thought he did a great job, although I wasn't blown away. Maybe it's because he performed first, which I think is always a disadvantage.

Allison: Someone To Watch Over Me
Now, I totally disagreed with the judges on this one. I thought the song was wayyy too slow, and quite predictable in the way she sang it. And I really hate how they cut the song up. It just didn't flow for me, dawg. As the judges were raving about Allison, I was trying to think of a better song choice for her. Maybe Fever? I think she's in trouble.

Cameron comes over and we eat some of his home-made eclairs. Mmmm!!!

Matt: My Funny Valentine
I think Matt is really good tonight, and this style suits him. He reminds me of a combo of Justin Timberlake and Michale Bublé. Cameron is surprised by Simon's positive comments almost as much as by Matt's enormous gums. "Why didn't I notice those gums before?"

Danny: Come Rain Or Come Shine
At first all I can think of is the movie The Other Sister, when a mentally retarded Carla (played by Juliette Lewis) sings this song to her mentally retarded boyfriend Daniel (played by Giovanni Ribisi). But I digress. Danny mentioned something about not changing up the song, but he totally did! I really enjoyed his performance, and I am back on the Danny Goeke train. Cameron finally notices Paula's dress, "Oh, that looks terrible!"

Adam: Feeling Good
Ugh, I really don't like this song, and I kind of didn't really like Adam this week. I thought he was uber-dramatic (even for him) and just a little... much. I don't know. His voice is still amazing. Cameron didn't like his crazy facial expressions or how he worked the microphone.

Top to Bottom (Hold on to your hats!):
Kris
Danny
Matt
Adam
Allison

On a side note, here's wishing my Nana a very happy 93rd birthday today!

3 comments:

Rhi said...

Mmmm eclairs!! What was Paula wearing??.....seriously the fire alarm jsut sent off at work....it is 8am?? Better jet.

Unknown said...

Paula was wearing a bright-red smashed cardboard box.

I liked Adam's song! I ranked 'em as such:

Adam
Danny
Kris
Allison
Matt

Rebecca said...

I agree with Meg on this one. Although I think I might have liked Danny the best this week, so flip flop Adam and Danny.

Good description of Paula, Meg.