Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Reunion!

I went to my 10 year high school reunion last weekend. It was actually pretty fun and not too painful! Everyone seemed to look the same as I remembered, although I do have a really bad memory, so who knows?
I ran 10 miles Saturday morning. Mom rode her bike next to me, which was great and very helpful. She told me stories the whole time, and supplied me with lots of water. Good stuff.
Meg and I went to see the movie Once on Sunday night at the Lagoon in Uptown. It is a wonderful movie/musical even though there's barely a storyline and the main characters are unnamed. Everyone in the theater stayed until the credits were completely over, and no one said a word until we were outside. Bizarre experience.
I ran 4 miles Monday, 3 miles Tuesday, and 7 miles today. So far, so good. I'm supposed to run 15 miles Saturday, but I work 7am-7pm, so I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do about that.
I bought gas for $2.69/gallon today. I'm hoping to bike to work this weekend for the first time. I'm nervous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your first "bike to work" experience is a good one. It's hard to get organized the first time. Just remember--many cars do not stop for red lights--especially when they are turning right. Be careful! I'm looking forward to riding to work when school starts 11 days from now. Yikes!
-Mamacita