Thursday, August 16, 2007

Quagmires and the Gigity Gigity Goo

Not only is today the start of my 4-day weekend, but the high temp is only 77 degrees (dew point 50 degrees, humidity 41% - perfect!), so I didn't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to run! I ran over 4.5 miles in about 40 minutes today, so I'm just under 9-minute miles. It seems like on my shorter runs (between 4-7 miles), I can keep up that pace. But anything longer than 7 miles, I drop back into 10-minute miles. My feet were kind of sore after the 15 miler on Monday, but they felt fine today. Good.
Last night were the first games of kickball for me. Yes, you heard me: kickball. (See title of post for team name, but do not ask me to explain.) I'm pretty sure the last time I played was in junior high, if not before. It was bizarre, but fun, and everyone on our team is really nice. There aren't umpires, and there aren't really any rules, either. I'm definitely more comfortable in a structured environment, but I'm adapting.
Tonight is the first night of fall softball - yay!
And now it's time for me to eat some lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.