Sunday, June 10, 2007

Les Miserables

Translation: My run today was MISERABLE!
It was hot and my legs felt like tree trunks. My main issue was my breathing, though. About 15 minutes into the run, I noticed that I was taking faster breaths then usual. I'm sure it had something to do with the heat/humidity/dew points, but once I noticed it, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I went for 35 minutes, then I was soooo done.
The Tony Awards are on now. There is something so awesome about live theater. I got choked up just watching the excerpts from A Chorus Line and Mary Poppins. I think I'm due to see another show soon. This new musical Spring Awakening is winning a lot of awards, but I don't know...
I assisted with a tap-water enema today at work. The patient was quadriplegic, nearly 300 lbs, and full of stool. Maybe you've heard about my gift for disimpaction. The rumors are true. Before I knew it, there was an explosion, and I was standing in a pool of stool. And the only thing worse than being swept up in a poop tornado is having a bad case of the giggles in a poop tornado. It was quite the interesting way to end a long weekend of work, and it will ensure I do a load of laundry tonight.

5 comments:

Rhi said...

Yuck Jean Yuck, but I am glad that you are using your gifts to help mankind =)
Jean you have inspired me, yesterday I actually went for a run/fast-walk(when I got tired). It wasn't very long but I figure I have to start somewhere...it was just long enough to get hot enough to jump in the pool...ahhh summer!! While I was running one of my neighbors yelled, "Want some plants?" So running is good for my body and I got a free Christmas cactus....what a deal!

Anonymous said...

I forgot you guys have a pool. That must be so nice! The closest thing I have to jump into is my shower!
And a Christmas cactus? I never get offers like that when I run!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean, I feel your pain...it was so dang hot the last couple of days and breathing in that humid air is just horrible (while running that is) me and Julie went at 3pm on Saturday (because we're stupid) and we both thought we would pass out. I went this morning (at 8) and again, super hot!! So, moral of the story, I gotta go when it's cooler. I hate that I'll have to set an alarm just to go running, but oh well. Good luck to you and the marathon, I just completed 6miles and I feel like a rockstar, I can only imagine any farther!!! See you soon!
Jamie G

Unknown said...

Rhi, I am getting a hilarious mental picture of you calmly jogging down the street with a giant cactus tucked under your arm. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jamie! I think I told you this yesterday, but running 6 miles is AWESOME. Especially in this heat! When are you guys doing that 10K? Do you need/want people to come cheer you on?