Monday, April 2, 2007

"AND, she's Irish! This is perfect!!"

I ran 5.5 miles outside today, after work and practice. It was partly cloudy and 52 degrees- perfect running conditions for me. About halfway through, I saw 2 cop cars pull over a minivan right in front of me, which was exciting to watch until it occured to me I could potentially be in danger. I quickened my step and turned a corner, and saw what looked like 2 homeless men standing in a parking lot. One of them looked familiar. At first I thought he was a former landlord of mine, then I thought he was a former patient, but then it hit me. It was Larry with the Limp! I cannot possibly type out the entire Larry with the Limp story (it is much better told in person with many hand gestures and facial expressions), but about 3 years ago I cut and filed his ingrown toenails on the #2 checkout lane at Rainbow Foods. It's also where the phrase "AND, she's Irish! This is perfect!" comes from. Anyway, I giggled myself the rest of the way home.

The Twins just won the 2007 season opener! They beat the Orioles 7-4 in a wonderfully exciting game. I am so glad baseball season is here!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see if I really can handle this.

Rhi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhi said...

I almost forgot the Larry the Limp story....Jean you will have to tell it to me again the next time I see you, that story is too funny to forget!!
Also I am extremely glad baseball season is here again, oh did I miss it. The Brewers are 2-1 and we are all hoping that this year they actually make it to the playoffs!!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Rhi! Thanks for commenting! I hope your Brewers do well this year. Sports Illustrated has them in finishing 3rd behind the Cards and Cubbies.
We (the Twins) have one of your former players, Jeff Cirillo, as a backup infielder. He's old!
I just saw that the Twins vs White Sox game was suspended tonight due to extremely cold temps and winds. Too bad there's no dome in Chicago.

Unknown said...

No dome in Chicago, but at least it was warm? enough to play today. I'm happy to announce the Sox won!!!
I am dying to hear the Larry the Limp story.

Unknown said...

Oh, please, Jean, post the Larry the Limp story!! It's such a classic.

And, HUZZAH! Twins Win Today!

Rhi said...

Well the series with the Cubs wasn't a great one for the Brew Crew but at least they came out with a win and a .500 record. Oh yes Jeff Cirillo is an oldie...but he is one of my favs (Rachel is a big fan of his too), I think he was playing on the team when I was in middle/high school.
Extremely cold temps and winds...What?? Isn't this professional baseball?? I can remember playing while it was snowing huge flakes and I thought my hands were going to fall off as I was attempting to keep the book. I guess those pretty boys aren't as tough as division 2 softball players!!