Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A day so nice I ran it twice!

Yesterday was about 44 degrees with bright blue skies. Meg and I went to Target in the morning and bought ipods. I got a green Nano, which I'm sure will take me forever figure out. I heard that Grandma's Marathon has banned the use of headphone and music devices to increase runner safety. Clearly this did not stop me from purchasing one.
I ran around Lake Phalen after lunch, then headed off to the high school for our first softball game of the season. As I was driving, however, I got news that games were cancelled because the fields were not in playable condition. So we practiced instead, and it was still sunny out at 6:30, so I ran again.

Today, however, was a different story. It was cloudy and a bit cooler, all in all not bad, but my legs felt really really heavy. I went for 5 miles, but I had to walk twice. AARGH!
At this point, our softball game is still on for today. I will be bringing lots of blankets along to keep warm.

6 comments:

Rhi said...

Congrats on the Nano, if you need any help figuring it out feel free to call Jason...I think he has it pretty much figured out by now. I'd like to get myself one too, but I am so darn cheap....maybe if I drop enough hints Jason will get one for me =)
Hope the game in on today before all the snow comes!! They are calling for 4 in by us....Big Fat Boo Hoo!!!
Also isn't this a weird occurrence....the Cleveland Indians are playing the Angels in Milwaukee (of all places) due to their ball park being covered with snow.

Jean said...

I heard about the Indians and Angels playing in Milwaukee. I also heard that tickets are $10. You guys might enjoy seeing an American League game, what with all the designated hitters and such!

Rhi said...

Jason actually went with Joel last night and they had a really good time. I guess they were only expecting about 5-10,000 but 19,000 showed up. They even had the racing sausages...the Chorizo (the new Mexican racing sausage) won =)

Rhi said...

Jean have you been to Miller Park? If not we have to take you to a game this summer!!! I can't remember if we talked about taking you to a game or if we actually did....what happened to my memory??

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Miller Park! And is there anything better than racing sausages? I think not.
Let's plan on going this summer!

Unknown said...

The racing sausages are the best! And I was so excited to see the new Chorizo. We took the kids to Milwaukee last Friday to see the Brewers beat the Cubs, but it didn't work out so well. But we do love Miller Park, and that is somoething for Sox fans to enjoy games in the National-substandard-League!