Saturday, November 18, 2006

Welcome to Jean's Blog

Welcome to Jean's blog. The purpose of this blog is to document Jean's training for the 2007 Twin Cities Marathon.

Today Jean and I went for a run (oh, this is Meg. Sorry. I'm just warming up the blog for Jean. She hates a cold blog). We ran around Lake Phalen. We think it was like 3 miles. We didn't actually time it. Did we? No. Oh wait, we left my house at like 11:15 and we drove there and when we got back in the car it was 12:07 which means we are running approximately 15-minute miles which means Jean will complete the marathon in a time of 2 weeks: 1 day: 6 hours: 40 minutes: 27 seconds. She has a long way to go.
Okay, we neglected to mention stretching and cool-down walking so they were closer to 10-minute miles. Oh! And Jean's clock is 7 minutes fast so maybe like 9 minute miles. WHATEVER. We felt great and sprinted the last bit.
Jean will be adding more later. We hope.

6 comments:

Katers said...

We anxiously await Jean's entries.

I admire your guts to run a marathon. That is just great!

I also like the style you chose for your blog! Great minds MUST think alike!

Amy said...

Way to go!!! Jean I think it's awesome!! I look forward to tracking you! When is the marathon? I know Chicago's is October 7, 2007. Have fun!!!

Unknown said...

Oh we were going at least 20 mph that last stretch at Phalen, don't you think? Or I might have been except my sooo-last-year-flared-leg-pants might have been adding to my wind resistance.

Unknown said...

Good luck Jean! Can't wait to follow your progress!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Jean!!! Wow, that is really something, is there anything you can't do??? See you at Thanksgiving!!!
Jamie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean - this is Meg's friend, Heather. Good luck with your training! I admire your strength - I can't even run 2 blocks. Start training your toe nails. My friend ran a marathon in Kona and 9 of her toe nails came off. Then she came home, jumped over a fence and lost the 10th. True story. Not very uplifting though. You can do it! :)