Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Burnt My Beans!

The only doctor I've been sleeping with lately is Dr. Beans, my microwaveable bean-filled heat pack. He's been warming up my toes on these chilly nights. Last night, however, I nuked him a bit too long, and I was smelling burnt beans all night. Whoops!
I rented Across the Universe the other night and have had the songs running through my head, CD player, and iPod since. The director describes it as "an original movie musical using the Beatles' songs as its score and inspiration for the story." The arrangements and performances were amazing, and it reminded me of Moulin Rouge!, Forrest Gump, and The Princess Bride all bottled together. So rent it!
I enjoy Mrs. Grass chicken noodle soup. It comes in a little box and is my favorite non-homemade soup. I almost always buy the original flavor, but last time I was shopping they were sold out. I saw there was a Mrs. Grass "extra noodle" box, so I thought I'd give it a try. The box looked identical to the original, with the exception of a big red "40% MORE NOODLES" on it. As I was making it tonight, I noticed that the instructions called for 3 cups of water whereas the original calls for 4 cups. I ended up using 4 cups of water, and it seemed to make the same amount and taste the same. Did Mrs. Grass think I wouldn't notice that? I don't think the price was much different, so what gives?

No comments: