Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Songs

There are definitely a few Christmas songs that I love to hear as well as some that I absolutely cannot stand. Here are my lists so far. What do you think?

Favorite Christmas Songs
Mariah Carey: "All I Want For Christmas Is You"
The Chipmunks: "Christmas Time Is Here"
Celine Dion: "O Holy Night"
Elvis: "Blue Christmas"
Anything sung by the Carpenters

Worst Christmas Songs
"The Holiday Season" (Happy Holidays - Happy HOLidays - Happy Holidays - Happy HOLidays ...)
Anything sung by Michael Crawford. It's just creepy.
"Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"
Bing Crosby and David Bowie duet: "The Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth"
"Feliz Navidad"
Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time" (simmmm-PLY, HAV-ing, a wonderful Christmas time.)
"The Twelve Days of Christmas" (except the Muppet version)

8 comments:

CarolSue said...

I like to sing Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time" like this:

simmmm-PLY, DRIV-ing, a fork into my hand.

Because I HATE that song. In case you couldn't tell. :)

Heather said...

This is sim-PLY the best worst-list ever. Can I add "The Christmas Shoes" to it? I know I offend people when I say I hate that song, but I do. I hate it. I also hate anything Christmasy sung by Aaron Neville or Jewel.

I do love when I hear that awesome concert band arrangement of Sleigh Ride with the great jingle bells and horse whip!

Katers said...

I simmmmm-PLY love all Christmas music. Except one I've recently heard about a guy who meets his old lover, they have some drinks, and realize that they aren't happy now. Seriously, how is that about the holiday spirit???

Anonymous said...

Katers.
I don't know how I know this. Dan Fogelberg, "Same old Lang Syne".

Ends with, and all acquiantance be forgot. blah blah blah blah blah blah..

I agree not really a festive holiday song.

Fat DaddyJG

McGuff said...

HAPPY 29TH JEAN!! Enjoy the last year of your 20's!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jean!

Lucky we don't share a CD player as our Christmas favs/unfavs are totally reversed. My very favorite song is P. McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time". We heard Paul and Linda do it live many years ago at the Rosemont and it was really special. I can't stand the marbles in Celine's mouth (am I too mean?)
Anyway, enjoy your birthday season and Happy Christmas shopping,
Aunt Betty

Unknown said...

OMG, Dan Fogelberg just DIED. Did you hear!?!? Kate and Joel must have had something to do with it!!

Jean said...

Now Aunt Betty, you have a very good reason to like that McCartney song, as you heard it live. I like the Carpenters songs because I think Karen's voice sounded like my Aunt Jan's. I agree with you about Celine and the marbles, but I don't hear them in "O Holy Night." Thanks for the birthday shout-out!