Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I Do Not Love My Cub!

I really didn't need another reason not go to the Cub Foods store located basically in my backyard, what with it's crazy aisle layout and complete disorganization of canned beans, but I read this in the paper today and now I'm sold.

WEST ST. PAUL, Minn.
A Twin Cities bank was held up twice in one day -- by different robbers.
It happened yesterday at a TCF Bank in a Cub Foods in West St. Paul.
The FBI says the first robbery happened around nine in the morning, when a man presented a demand note to a bank teller and implied he had a gun.
The man got an undisclosed amount of cash, then left the grocery store and ran away to a wooded area. Police searched but could not find the suspect.
Just before two in the afternoon, the second robber struck. He showed bank employees a handgun tucked into his waistband, then also ran away into the nearby woods with an undisclosed amount of cash.
He's also at large.


Those "nearby woods"? My backyard.
I almost feel sorry for robber #2. All that robbery preparation only to find that someone beat you to the job a mere 5 hours earlier. Too bad.

3 comments:

Rhi said...

That story is hilarious!! I would stay away from the woods!!

McGuff said...

WoW!!! That will make you lock up tight every night! I don't like Cub Foods much either. I don't think that we are alone in our dislike of the store!! We had 3 in Rockford when we moved to Roscoe and now we are left with only 1!

Madwoman of Preserve Path said...

All of this makes SimonDelivers so my way to shop. But I will confess, I did venture to Cub on Saturday for a big-ass turkey for 37 cents a pound. I couldn't resist, since that qualified as nearly free food. (Maybe TCF should have given the robber a turkey instead of all that cash. Heck, it made ME happy!) I bought a 3 lb. pot roast too -- it cost three times as much as the bird. Happy Thanksgiving!