Friday, May 18, 2007

Nine is a rhyme...

...and it goes something like this:

I went for a run
with my big sister Meg.
We ran for 9 miles,
despite a cramp in my leg.

The night was just lovely
with a warm gentle breeze,
and we thriced Lake Phalen
with relative ease.

I came home all sweaty,
logged into the 'net,
and registered for the Twin Cities Marathon because I'm insane and I can't believe that running 9 miles all of a sudden makes me think I'm ready to run an actual marathon, even though I do have 4 months to train and it is the purpose of this blog, and plus I had to register now because I didn't want to wait and then not be able to get in, but I'm still freakin' out!!!!

Ok, so nine is maybe more of a run-on sentence than a rhyme, but you get the gist.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good luck with your marathon training!! When is the TC Marathon? Mamacita

Unknown said...

Mom, it's the same weekend as the Chicago marathon. Good luck choosing!! :) :) :)

Loved the poem, JT! PS You left your black pants here.

Jean said...

Dang! Sorry about that. Call me Ray Ryan.

Anonymous said...

Who's running the Chicago Marathon?

-Mamacita

Rhi said...

Wow Jean!! I am so impressed, a whole marathon!!! I know you can do it, but wow that is an awesome challenge to face!! This is why you are my hero!!

Anonymous said...

You can do it Jean. Can't wait to hear when you hit the 10 mile mark.

--Rachel