Wednesday, December 6, 2006

No way!

At work last night I was talking about the Reindeer Run, and another nurse, Crystal, mentioned that she wanted to run in it, but couldn't for some reason. The rest of our conversation went something like this:

Crystal: I'm training for Grandma's 1/2 marathon in Duluth in June.
Me: Shut up! So am I! I want to see if my body can withstand the 13 miles to determine if I should really shoot for the Twin Cities Marathon in October.
Crystal: Shut up! Me too! I've always wanted to try to run a marathon.
Me: No way! Me too!
Crystal: Yes way!
Me: No way.

It turns out that Crystal is a wealth of running information. She had a couple of web sites for me to look at regarding training schedules, etc. We also discussed runnning shoes. I think I need to get my feet intensely checked out before I really get into the serious training. (I'm all paranoid about losing my toenails now - thanks, Heather! :)

It's still cold out, but thank goodness there's no snow/ice yet. That may put the kibosh on my outdoor running.

No comments: