Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dog Days of Winter?

On the news tonight people were jumping into a lake for a good cause. I don't really understand this.

I am really looking forward to the Oscars tomorrow even though I haven't seen most of the movies.

I have been pain-free with my workouts and that makes me happy.

Cameron got a new job at a restaurant called the Porter House. He's still part-time at Stella's Fish Cafe. Steak and fish are all well and good, but I'm waiting for him to get a job at IHOC (International House of Cereal).

I don't mind a day of snow as long as a sunny day follows it up. As in today.

The high school softball season starts 2 weeks from Monday. I sense my schedule rapidly filling with practices and games...

Playing the piano alone in my empty condo makes me think of my Aunt Jan. I tend to melt into a puddle of tears before too long. Sometimes I think it's good to cry it out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think a good cry is so good for the soul!

Unknown said...

I thought of this yesterday and wanted to tell you and I'm afraid I'll forget to tell you today if I wait, so... I'm sorry for posting this as a comment. When the phone rang in the middle of Ed's birthday party yesterday, my instant thought was "Who could that be? Everyone's here... Oh, maybe Jan!" So weird to have that thought. Anyway, it made me sad, so I wanted you to know you are not alone.