Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Rollerbladers and Bikers and Runners... Oh My!!!

Last Friday was my 20-mile run. Mom and dad drove up the night before to help assist (this is becoming a tradition). Friday morning dad watched the kids while Meg, mom and I headed out. Meg was on rollerblades, mom on my bike, me on my feet. It was cloudy and cool- perfect conditions! Mom and Meg gabbed while I ran 4 miles to the top of Lake Phalen, 12 miles along the Gateway Trail, and another 4 back home. It was a tough run for me only because I was exhausted! It took me almost 20 minutes longer than my 20-miler last fall. I definitely walked more than I wanted to, but I did finish with very little pain, which is nice. Mom and Meg switched wheels around the 16-mile mark, and mom only fell twice on the rollerblades (that I could see). After the second fall I insisted she blade in back of me because she was making me so nervous. Both falls were mostly in the grass, and she rolled very well.

I played in a softball tournament Saturday and Sunday in Shakopee. We played 2 games Sat, 5 games Sun. I pitched all 7 and was only hit once. Unfortunately it was a line drive that hit the inside part of my right foot- the same spot that had been bothering me that last couple of months from running. What are the chances? Initially it was super-painful, but now, 2 days later, there isn't even a bruise. We took second place in the tourney, losing in the championship game. The weather was gorgeous, and I think it's my favorite thing to be playing softball all weekend.

I ran about 4.5 miles Monday, and I felt like I had elephant legs. Today, however, I ran 6.5 miles and felt just great. I can't figure myself out. Also, I am finding multiple blisters on my toes, and I have lost one toenail. Although it's not painful, it's also not aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

I think I have some funny work stories, but I'm tired and want to go to sleep now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jean, Great running and softballing. dudso

Jean said...

Thanks, Daddy-o! I'm glad you got to see me play ball a little. It's too bad you didn't bike with me- I could have used some 50's tunes to keep me going!

Unknown said...

Jean I am awed by your altheticism, and a little bit jealous! I can't believe you ran 20 miles and followed it up with 7 games of softball! You must be a glutton for punishment!