Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bamos the Bear!

If ever there was a perfect day, this one comes close. Nothing earth-shattering happened, but who needs earth-shattering? I was able to:
1)Make a phone call to my fabulous father to wish him a very happy Father's Day.
2)Go for a lovely 4.5 mile run in the morning.
3)Complete a successful shopping trip for a running tank, socks, and shot blocks.
4)Watch the Twins game on TV (flipping occasionally to see Tiger Woods).
5)Play in two softball games in Hastings.
6)Watch the Tony awards.
7)Do a round of dishes and laundry.
AND, it was sunny, mid-70's, with a gentle breeze. Ridiculous.

It is now under a week until Grandma's Marathon, and I think I have moved on from my "absolutely terrified" phase. I seem to be in some kind of "whatever happens, happens" phase. I've done what I can. I rest Monday, run 3 miles on Tuesday, 4 on Wednesday, 2 on Thursday. I drive to Duluth on Friday and run this bad boy on Saturday.

4 comments:

Katers said...

Hey Jeanie,

Here's a shout out to you! I was in the Twin Cities today for work, but it was too quick to try and catch up. Maybe next time! Glad yesterday was a good one!

Unknown said...

Good luck Jean! We'll be rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on Saturday, the Beans! We're practicing our marathon cheers. See you manana.

Love, Ma and Duds

Anonymous said...

Good luck running the marathon Jean Machine. I may not be in Duluth cheering you on, however, I'll have my own little cheering party for you right here at home base!! GOOD LUCK!!! Deena :)