Sunday, May 18, 2008

A day without softball is like a day without sunshine.

But that day was not today. Or yesterday! I coached our B-Squad tournament yesterday in South St. Paul. We lost. It was ugly. We only had 9 girls for the last 2 games because a few of them had to go get their hair done for Prom. Seriously. They are sophomores! Anyway, it is a huge relief to have that season over with.
I then played in my own tournament in Roseville with the O&S girls. I missed the first 3 games on Saturday because of coaching, but I played in the 4th game which we won. This morning we played at 10am and we lost, knocking us out. Bummer! It was a perfect day for playing.
Instead, I ran 18 miles. Meg biked next to me, and it was a very difficult run. The weather was great- 60s (I think?), sunny, not too breezy. I didn't hurt anywhere (except for a little chafing under my left arm- ow!), there weren't too many hills, I was just really tired. I walked a bit, more towards the end. Meg was helpful, telling me I looked good and salty.
I showered this evening and opened up a new shave gel. It's called Alluring Avocado and it felt like I was spreading guacamole into my armpits. Gross.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Somehow avocado does not seem alluring as a shaving product.

Unknown said...

Omigosh I am SO annoyed with Blogger eating my comments. All I wanted to say was that there CERTAINLY WERE too many hills! You had to go down and up the bluffs TWICE, and up the last full 2 miles! Brutal!!

Anonymous said...

I know, Bridget- I think I must have been hungry when I was at Target that day.

Maybe there were some hills, Meg, but I've gotta be better than that. That 16th mile always kills me!