Sunday, January 27, 2008

Where the devil are my slippers?

Congratulations to my friends Katie and Ross who had a baby boy on Friday! Ari was 9 pounds 2 ounces, and has a full head of dark brown hair. He is the cutest little bundle and makes all kinds of wonderful coos and squeaks.

Drove to IL Friday morning, singing showtunes all the way. Ate dinner at a restaurant in Greektown with my parents, Ellen, Eric, and cousin Mary and her fiancee Francisco. After dinner saw My Fair Lady at the Cadillac Palace. Despite some flubbed lines by Marni Nixon (singing voice of Audrey Hepburn in the film My Fair Lady), some crazy spotlight issues, and a shameful comb over by Henry Higgins, it was a good production and I'm glad I got to see it.

Saturday morning I drove into Wisconsin for a surprise 30th birthday party for my friend Rachel. She was actually surprised! It was great to see all those gals and their hubbies and their children! Rachel and Rhi are both quite pregnant with girls (one for each!) and they look fantastic. So many babies!

I ran around Lake Phalen this afternoon, and I think the temp was 40 degrees. No kidding. It felt wonderful! I used my iPod for the first time on a run, and I think I'm going to like it. I just need to figure out how to get all my "running songs" into one section so I can avoid Billy Joel's "And So It Goes" (not super motivational) and some crazy "What Makes the Monkey Dance?" song.

Just watched Johnny Weir perform in the US Figure Skating Championships held right here in St. Paul. Good God. Lucy even asked "is that a boy or a girl?" His costume was a sight to behold.

I have decided to teach myself to play the guitar. I picked up my dad's old acoustic guitar this weekend and have been trying to learn chords. It's harder than I thought, and my fingers are really sore.

4 comments:

Rhi said...

Jean it was so great to see you over the weekend =) I realized when we were driving away that I don't think I gave you a hug good bye =( I miss you already...the day went by way too quickly!!

And I did see that costume and Lucy couldn't of put it better!!

Katers said...

HAHAHAHAHA! I watched Johnny Weir too in wonderment. I called Bridget and told her to check out that tango disaster, and what was with his fur coat and glasses?

Oh, and if you figure out the I-pod music selection, let me know. As I'm doing the elliptical, the Braveheart soundtrack makes frequently make appearances.

Unknown said...

I titally agree with the whole Johnny Weir thing. Weird thing indeed.

Unknown said...

oops, that was supposed to be totally, I should check my typing!