Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Bad Sign?

So I've been keeping an old wishbone from Thanksgiving dinner on my counter. I actually had it on one of those rotating spoon holders, and forgot it was there. As I was cleaning today, I saw it and thought I should really get rid of that thing. But I didn't want to waste a wish and I would be the one pulling at each end, so how could I lose? I couldn't. So I closed my eyes and wished that I would have a boyfriend soon. Or that I would meet a great guy soon. Or I would talk to a nice single handsome guy soon. Something like that.
And I slowly pulled that old bone apart...
and then the top popped off. The keystone, if you will, literally flew up into the air and I was left holding the two short ends of the bone.
Unbelievable! This was supposed to be a win-win situation! And I didn't. How could this happen?
I think it's a sign.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That'a amazing Jean, I bet it couldn't happen again if you planned it!